What is Fast-Track Professional?
If you are a qualified lawyer or accountant you may be eligible to study CSQS via our Fast-Track Professional route. This means that, instead of studying all eight modules, you need to study and pass the following two modules in order to achieve the qualification:
Assessment for each module is by examination. Exams are held in June and November. More details on dates and exam centres can be found in the How to study section.
Once you have achieved GradICSA status you can immediately apply for full Membership (ACIS) and become a Chartered Secretary.
[ Back to top ]
Am I eligible?
To be eligible you must have been qualified for five years or more and have five years appropriate experience and be a current member of one of the following major accountancy bodies:
- Chartered Accountants (CA)
- Certified General Accountants (CGA)
- Ceritified Management Accountants (CMA)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI)
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Acountancy (CIPFA)
Or you must be a current member of the Law Society or compliant with the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Regulations and have five years or more appropriate post-qualifying experience.
Appropriate experience would include:
- Company secretarial and legal work
- Corporate governance
- Financial management
- Committee administration and accounting
- General management and administration
You will need to send your full CV with your current job description along with your application so that we may assess the suitability of your experience.
[ Back to top ]
How much is Fast-Track Professional?
Please contact the Director of Education, David Miriguay at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 613-595-1151/800-501-3440